Choose THE Robert R. Church!
- Tennessee Reward School- Improved in achievement and growth for English Language Arts & Math to be a top TN School
- Level 5 School- Highest gains in English Language Arts & Math
- Memphis-Shelby County Schools 901 Spotlight for English Language Arts growth
STUDENT PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES
- Club Day for All Student Interests
- Student Leadership Opportunities
- Before/Aftercare Program
- Parent Resource Center
- Community Partnerships for Student/Parent Success
School Choice Facts
- Online school choice application: http://www.scsk12.org/schoolchoice/
- One online process for ALL school choice applications, including General Choice and Optional Schools.
- Apply online anytime, anywhere using any device with Internet access.
- Must have a valid email address to apply; Parents will receive an email confirming date/time of application
- Parents of current MSCS students should apply using their PowerSchool ID, which is the same as the student’s lunch number. Non-MSCS students will use a Social Security Number.
- Students may apply for two General Choice options and/or two Optional schools.
- NO COMPUTER OR INTERNET? Visit a local public library or any location with free WiFi.
VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE - TBA!
Check back soon for the dates and times for our Virtual Open House!
THE Robert R. Church Elementary School, a true Community School, opened in 2001 and is located in the heart of the Whitehaven.
THE Robert R. Church Elementary School is named after Robert Reed Church, Sr., the first African American Millionaire in the South! During his time as an entrepreneur in Memphis, Robert Reed Church owned a restaurant, hotel, saloon, built an auditorium, and landscaped an area on Beale Street to what we now know as Church Park; the first major urban recreational center in the nation owned by an African American. Robert Reed Church also founded a bank, Solvent Savings Bank & Trust Company and purchased the first municipal bond issued by the City of Memphis.
THE Robert R. Church Elementary School wants to continue the legacy of Robert Reed Church, Sr. by providing students a high-quality education through effective teaching and a rigorous curriculum, preparing students for an ever-changing world!
We are Trailblazers for Success!