Think you know a student who qualifies for NIC?
Referring a student to NIC is easy.
If the student is registered at an MSCS school:
- Notify the student's ESL teacher if the student may be in need of ESL services.
- ESL teacher will administer WIDA screener to determine eligibility for NIC. If the student scores a composite score of 1.0-1.9, they may be eligible for possible referreral to NIC.
If the student meets ALL the criteria for a referral to NIC, ESL teacher will:
- Fill out the referral form - please click here for the referral form.
- NIC staff will contact the parent/guardian of the referred student.
- NIC staff will notify ESL teacher of the parent/guardian's decision via email and/or phone call in 24-48 business hours after referral submission.
If the student is not currently enrolled in an MSCS school:
- Please refer the student to their zone school to enroll. The ESL teacher will begin the process to see if the student qualifies for a referral to NIC.